Hey there lovely readers, are you tired of your gel X nails and wish to remove them yourself at home? You’ve come to the right place! In this article, we will guide you on how to remove your gel X nails without causing any damage to your natural nails.
What are Gel X Nails?
Gel X nails are a type of nail extension that uses a soft gel product to create a long-lasting and durable manicure. The gel X nail system is applied without the need for a plastic tip, as the product is strong enough to form a structure on its own that can be easily shaped and decorated.
Why Should You Remove Gel X Nails?
Although gel X nails are long-lasting, they eventually need to be removed to keep your natural nails healthy. If left for too long, the gel can break down and weaken your natural nails, causing them to become brittle and prone to breakage. Also, removing gel X nails can be costly if done at the salon, so learning how to remove them at home can save you time and money.
What You Will Need
Before we start, you will need a few items to safely remove your gel X nails at home. These items include:- Acetone- Cotton balls or pads- Aluminum foil- Cuticle pusher or orange stick- Nail buffer
Follow these easy steps on how to remove your gel X nails at home safely:
1. Start by soaking a cotton ball or pad in acetone. Make sure the cotton is saturated with the acetone, but not dripping.
2. Place the soaked cotton on top of your gel X nail, making sure it completely covers the nail.
3. Wrap the aluminum foil around the cotton ball or pad, securing it tightly around your finger.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 on all your fingers.
5. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes to let the acetone soak into the gel X nails.
6. After 10 to 15 minutes, gently remove the foil from your fingers.
7. With the help of a cuticle pusher or orange stick, gently scrape off the softened gel from your nails.
8. If there is any remaining gel, repeat steps 1 to 7.
9. Once you have removed all the gel, use a nail buffer to smooth out any rough spots on your natural nails.
10. Finally, moisturize your hands and nails with a cuticle oil or hand cream.
Tips for Safe Removal
– Do not force the gel X nails off your natural nails, as this can cause damage to your natural nails.- Be patient when removing the gel X nails, as rushing the process can cause damage to your natural nails.- If the gel is not coming off easily, do not forcefully scrape it off. Instead, repeat the soaking process to soften the gel.- After removing the gel X nails, take a break from applying nail polish or any other nail products to let your natural nails breathe and recover.
Removing your gel X nails at home can be easy if you follow these simple steps and tips. Remember to be patient and gentle when removing the gel, and take breaks between soaks if necessary. We hope this guide helps you in safely removing your gel X nails and keeps your natural nails healthy and strong. Until next time, happy removal!